Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cades Cove

Last Saturday my family and I went to Cades Cove. It was amazing! Our friends church goes to Cades Cove evey year and has a church service in one of the churches there. First we just played around in and near the creek. Now it was too cold to actually get in the water, but out of the kids in our family 75% of them fell in meaning three of the kids in our family fell in the water and one of those kids was me (just so you know I was the first one to fall in). It was forty degrees outside. Now if that didn't make you feel bad for me this will. I had to walk around in a tank-top. Thankfully they had fires so I could heat up.

The church was what I was really calling amazing. This church was 140 years old and you could still see handprints in the ceiling from where the men had put there hands. There handprints showed because not all the wood was dry yet. I also learned some thing rather interesting. Is what happened is there was a fight. One side of the fight was on one side of the church and the other on the other side. There was a constable there and all of a sudden the foundation of the church shifted and a crack went down right in between the two sides of the arguement. The preacher said they settled that arguement pretty quick and I'm sure they did.

2 comments:

snaphorse said...

Mason,

I enjoyed reading your blog! You are a great writer and funny too! Keep on blogin'!

Mrs. Salvador

Bloggin' Robin said...

Mason your BLOG ROCKS!! I am so glad you are my SON! I'm glad you didn't get pneumonia from falling in the water!