Monday, December 10, 2007

The Beach?!


Yes it is December and yes my family and I just got back from the beach a couple of days ago! I had a blast! We went to a place called Patriots Point (I will do a whole other blog on that!). And we did a little bit of surfin' and swimmin' (I'm kidding about surfing but we did do the jump into the pool and get out as fast as you can thing)! My favorite part was going down to the beach and playing in the sand. We had "World War Three"! We did this by building sand castles and pelting them with sand balls! We also went to Fort Moultry. I have always loved that place until' now because my Mom made me read a bunch of signs. I mean really don't we learn enough by just using our eyes! I'm just messing with you Mom. Now back to Fort Moultry. Now I know you wouldn't want to get hit by a cannon ball what so ever but this one you wouldn't want to get hit by even if you were in heaven. The cannon ball weighed over 300 pounds and took two 25 pound bags of gun powder to fire it!!! Hey I learned that by reading a sign! You may not think the beach is fun in the winter but it actually is!

2 comments:

Bloggin' Robin said...

Wha-ha! Mason, you have revealed that "READING SIGNS IS A GOOD THING!" You are learning and growing by what you read! Do you see how much more you received from reading about history? I am glad you were willing to use your mind and READ! Just wait until the next field trip... Oh, I know you LOVE your teacher!

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Mason, the beach in the fall is fun too! Remember when Megan and Sara and I went with you all and Ansley (pregnant with Gray) and Colby to Isle of Palms at Halloween? That was fun, rolling the pumpkin down to the water and your mom talking about how we are like pumpkins when we come to Christ (or something like that!). I have so many wonderful memories with you and your family! I cherish them all! Love, Mrs. Raisner