Friday, November 30, 2007

History




Now when we usually think about history we think of it as "boring". Well today I did some history that was actually fun! We went to John Sevier's home in Marble Springs. We learned some pretty interesting things. I learned that in the Revolutionary War John Sevier commanded more soldiers than George Washington! And he actually started the town of Marble Springs.

Now this was actually a thing to get volunteers to work there so we did some things that they would do to train you. We learned how to start a fire (without using matches or lighters) and we also got to use axes to chop some wood (my four year old brother got to use a hatchet on the log). For lunch we had gruel (actually beef stew) that was actually pretty good!

2 comments:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Mason, what a cool field trip! You are so lucky to have a mom who loves to homeschool you and your brothers! You get to do fun things together. You are so sweet in your comments on my blog. I do want to get together and visit with you all. Maybe after Christmas we can plan a trip to Tennessee! That would be so much fun! I love you Mason! Mrs. Raisner

Bloggin' Robin said...

Mason - I love reading your perspective on the field trips we take together! I am thankful you are learning and enjoying the things we do! I love you!